Choosing a home design is a fine balance of your budget, needs and desires. But that’s not to say you can’t have it all!
We will work with you to recommend a design based on your personal preferences and lifestyle and site. If you like a few ideas from a couple of designs, we can combine these to a custom design. If you have something very specific in mind for you site, we can
To help drive this decision:
Take your time to explore the possibilities with our help, and let us provide an estimate for your new home
2. Getting Started
Once you’ve chosen a home design, we pull together your vision and specifications and prepare an indicative quote to help you understand how it all adds up.
This quote will include allowances for suppliers, consultants and contractors who are typically involved in the build process.
3. Your Quote is Ready
Once the detailed price and design work has been completed, the fixed-price quote, specifications and drawings will be presented to you for sign-off.
These documents will include detail about exactly what your new home investment will be, along with a comprehensive list of everything that will be included.
- This is a great time to ask us questions about your pricing and any other amendments that you might like to make.
- Any changes after the contract have been agreed upon will be included as variations
4. Contract Signing and Acceptance
With all plans, drawings and costs now available, this is when your dream starts to become a reality.
Working closely with you, we run through a contract to make sure everything is exactly as you requested answer any questions you may have to complete the contract signing.
Sign with the confidence that your home is being built by members of the Master Builders Association.
- It is important to ensure that all structural changes have been finalised at this point. Any changes will adjust the budget and require a redraw of plans.
- Upon signing the contract your first deposit will be due. Your contract will outline the full schedule of payments from start of the build, to the final walk through.
- Once signed we will send a copy of the Contact to you and the building process can get underway.
5. Getting Ready to Start
Now we can set up a time to get together and complete your internal and external selections. These will be incorporated into your Council consent.
Our architect will finalise the detailed drawings for consent, and then we will lodge these documents with Council and get the consent process underway. Gaining final approval can be at least a 5-6 week process. We use this time to order in some of your materials which may have a longer lead time, for instance your cladding and tiles.
6. Works Starts on Site
This is it. With all your approvals through and design options sorted, it’s time to get started on construction!
During the building process we will have regular site meetings including a plumbing and electrical walk-over when we are at framing stage.
You’re also welcome to follow the process using our project management system BuilderTrend. If you live out of town, we will email you regular photos updates of the key stages of your build.
7. Completion and Handover
With your home practically complete we carry out a thorough final handover meeting. Any outstanding items and minor defects are noted to ensure nothing has been overlooked.
- One week prior to this meeting is a perfect time to arrange for any insurance and services ahead of completion so that you can move straight in after handover.
- At this meeting, your guarantees and warranties will be explained, and you’ll get the keys to your brand new home!
8. You're Covered
When you build with Nautical Homes we’re committed to getting things just right, so if you find something wrong in the first three months of handover, we’ll make it right.
We stand by the quality of everything we put into our homes. So with every new Nautical Home, you get a 12-month defects warranty for
all your fixtures and fittings that aren’t working as intended.
We’re confident in our experience as a Master Builder that’s why we cover every new Nautical Home home with a 10-year Master Build Guarantee.